How to install Active Directory on Windows Server 2003
1. Click Start, click Run, type dcpromo, and then click OK.
2. On the first page of the Active Directory Installation Wizard, click Next.
3. On the next page of the Active Directory Installation Wizard, click Next.
4. On the Domain Controller Type page, click Domain Controller for a new domain, and then click Next.
5. On the Create New Domain page, click Domain in a new forest, and then click Next.
6. On the New Domain Name page, in the Full DNS name for new domain box, type Testdc.com, and then click Next.
7. On the Database and Log Folders page, accept the defaults in the Database folder box and the Log folder box, and then click Next.
8. On the Shared System Volume page, accept the default in theFolder location box, and then click Next.
9. On the DNS Registration Diagnostics page, click Install and configure the DNS server on this computer and set this computer to use this DNS server as its preferred DNS Server, and then click Next.
10. On the Permissions page, click Permissions compatible only with Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 operating systems, and then click Next.
11. On the Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password page, enter a password in the Restore Mode Password box, retype the password to confirm it in the Confirm password box, and then click Next.
12. On the Summary page, confirm the information is correct, and then click Next.
13. When prompted to restart the computer, click Restart now.
After the computer restarts, log on to testdc as a member of the Administrators group.