Checkpoint - Firewall
How to Install Checkpoint Firewall NGX on SecurePlatform: (Part - 2)
15. Configuring the Domain name.
Press 2 to enter the config mode for configuring the domain mode. Press 1 to set the domain name. Enter domain name: yourdomain.com
Example: Enter domain name: techiefw.com
You can press 2 to show the domain name.
16. Configuring Domain Name Servers.
You can press 1 to add a new domain name server.
Enter IP Address of the domain name server to add: Enter your domain name server IP Address here.
17. Press 4 to enter the Network Connections parameter.
Enter 2 to configure a new connection.
Press 2 to configure eth1. (We will configure this interface as the inside interface with an IP address of 192.168.1.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. The default gateway will be configured as 10.10.10.1.)
Press 1) Change IP settings.
Enter IP address for eth1 (press c to cancel): 192.168.1.1
Enter network Mask for interface eth2 (press c to cancel): 255.255.255.0
Enter broadcast address of the interface eth2 (leave empty for default): Enter
Pres Enter to continue....
Similarly configure the eth2 interface, which will be acting as a DMZ in this case with 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0.
Exit the configuration menu.
18. Configuring the Default Gateway Configuration.
Enter 5 which is the Routing section to enter information on the default gateway configuration.
1. Set default gateway.
2. Show default gateway.
Press 1 to enter the default gateway configuration.
Enter default gateway IP address: 10.10.10.2
19. Choose a time and date configuration item.
Press n to configure the time zone, date and local time.
This part is self explanatory so you can do it yourself.
The next prompt is the Import Checkpoint Products Configuration. You can n for next to skip this part as it is not needed for fresh installs.
20. Next is the license agreement. You have the option of V for evaluation product, U for purchased product and N for next. If you enter n for next. Press n for next.
Press Y and accept the license agreement.
21. The next section would show you the product Selection and Installation option menu.
Select Checkpoint Enterprise/Pro.
Press N to continue.
22. Select New Installation from the menu.
Press N to continue.
23. Next menu would show you the products to be installed.
Since this is a standalone installation configuration example, select
VPN Pro and
Press N for next
24. Next menu gives you the option to select the Smartcenter type you would like to install.
Select Primary Smartcenter.
Press n for next.
A validation screen will be seen showing the following products:
VPN-1 Pro and Primary Smartcenter.
Press n for next to continue.
Now the installation of VPN-1 Pro NGX R60 will start.
25. The set of menu is as follows:
Do you want to add license (y/n)
You can enter Y which is the default and enter your license information.
26. The next prompt will ask you to add an administrator. You can add an administrator.
27. The next prompt will ask you to add a GUI Client. Enter the IP Address of the machine from where you want to manage this firewall.
28. The final process of installation is creation of the ICA (Internal Certificate of Authority). It will promtp you for the creation of the ICA and follow the steps. The ICA will be created. Once the random is configured (you dont have to do anything), the ICA is initialized.
After the ICA initialized, the fingerprint is displayed. You can save this fingerprint because this will be later used while connecting to the smartcenter through the GUI. The two fingerprints should match. This is a security feature.
The next step is reboot. Reboot the firewall.
Installation of Checkpoint is completed.
Go to Previous Page
Cisco FWSM Q & A
Home | Windows | Network | Post Ur Issues | Database| Knowledge Base | Contact Us